Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I swear I'll do better!!!

Note the title: Messiest Mom

Seriously, if you think you can beat me on this one, you've got another thing coming. I'm trying to think if I have the nerve to actually post photos of how messy my life is. I keep hoping that I'll go through some major cataclysmic change and will magically become one of those tidy people with laundry in the dresser, and no fruit flies anywhere in the house. I'm not sure it's possible.

I'm home alone all week, Asrai is off at her Nana's house and I really, truly, fully and deeply intend to clean.

This is how being home alone has gone so far:

Sunday Night:
Got home around 9:30. I was STARVING, but there's really not anything to eat in the house because we'd been on vacation, then when we came back, I had my head-versus-windowsill accident (surprise, surprise, the windowsill won, and I had a concussion) - so I haven't gone grocery shopping in weeks. My refridgerator scares me, and when I opened the freezer, a cascade of icey pops slid all over the place, followed by several nearly-empty frost covered containers of ice cream.

I settled on an old container of honey roasted peanuts, because all the dishes are dirty and I wasn't going to wash them that late at night.

Monday:
I got up on time (go me!) - had a delicious bowl of honey nut cheerios (we do have fresh milk in the house, and the cereal came back from vacation with me), and went to work.

My car is FULL of laundry. I desperately need to go to the laundromat, but I've been saying I'd do it tomorrow for a little over a week now.

Went to work, spent the day there, yadda yadda yadda - nothing really thrilling on that end. It was my first day back after the whole concussion thing, and I think everything went just fine.

I went home. I had a list of things from Asrai that she wanted me to get together for her to have at Nana's house - bicycle, gigantic stuffed mumble, two cats from her bed, her DS and MP3 player chargers, her jumprope and skip-it. Being the awesome (albeit messy) mom that I am, I got them all together. Then I loaded the dishwasher! I sadly used the last of the dishwasher detergent and MUST remember to buy more.

I also changed the litter in the litter box, I was tired of holding my breath while I went in the bathroom and peed. And do you have any idea how hard it is to hold your breath while you brush your teeth?? Or even to just try to breathe through your mouth so you don't have to smell ickiness? Very hard.

I took the nasty cat litter out, with the small trashcan from the bathroom. We never put bags in it, and something in there was inviting little fruit flies in. (I late discovered that it was strawberry stems) So - out with the little trashcan. I'd rather buy a new one than deal with that nastiness.

So, then I felt all motivated, and as if I'd just accomplished a lot, and I brought a box of garbage bags into the living room to start working on the mass of stuff I have to wade through every time I want to sit on the couch. I got a couple of things into the bag, and then was distracted by the playstation, sitting there looking all lonely.

Of course, then I had to play some tomb raider. I mean, what did I buy the game for, if not to play it, right?

Then I heated up some leftover chinese food from Searsport. Played some more. Got frustrated at the game. Looked at my handy box of garbage bags and decided I just didn't have the motivation any more.

Tonight. I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY going to get some cleaning done. Or rob a bank so I can afford a maid, but I think most of them would run screaming from my house.

Today, I need to go grocery shopping. Maybe I'll do one of those cleaning-product-heavy trips. I get all motivated and buy all the different sprays and sponges and guaranteed-to-get-out-spot materials. I use some of them. I know I need to do laundry tonight. I'm wearing an ancient pair of panties today, because they were all I had left - that means the line has been drawn in the sand, and I must cross it!!

No comments: