Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home Alone

I absolutely do not like being home alone. Azi is at my mom's house, and I'm home by myself. I have to leave the bathroom light on to go to sleep. It's ridiculous that I feel less safe in the house without a 9-year-old down the hall, but such is life.

I'm not completely sad about being by myself for six days. It's given me a good opportunity to stay up late watching movies. Oh wait, I just normally do that after she goes to bed.

I have to go grocery shopping tonight, and I need to figure out what I want to eat. I'm thinking indian food. I've been in the mood for it quite a lot lately. I could bigtime go for some chicken tikki masala. I just have to decide if I'm going to pay the big bucks at "A Taste of India" (a truly fantastic local restaurant), or spend $4 at Hannaford's and buy the Ethnic Gourmet version. It's actually really, really good - and there are no preservatives, so I can't complain.

I've decided to abandon talking about how messy my house is. It just makes me feel guilty about the laziness.

It's thundering today, and I've got to clean my car out when I get home. I'm picking up a Baker's Rack. I assume that it will completely cure me of my wickedly disorganized kitchen ways. We'll see.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hope you went with Taste of India!